I had an idea the other day for a little soft doll with a pocket and in her pocket, she’d have a little peg doll. I sat on this idea for a few days, trying to work out how I would go about making the doll – I’m not so good at making soft dolls from scratch, well, it’s their faces that give me trouble. I checked some old craft books I had for some ideas of how to do the faces/hair and how to attach the arms with buttons.
I then sketched out a head and body and I like what I came up with, but not the arms. I made them too big and I’m not sure I like the attach with a button technique. Here’s what she looked like:
Bea grabbed her right away. She named her “Girl.” And has been playing with her non-stop:
I have a couple ideas of how to fix the doll. I just hope the babies give me a chance to work on it.